Your password is the first line of defense against unwanted access to your email account. Change your iPhone’s password on a frequent basis to keep your device safe from unauthorized access. You should also change your password if you seriously doubt that someone knows it or if you suspect that your account has been hacked in some way. Never use a password that’s obvious. You will learn how to change email passwords on iPhone iOS 12 in this article. Update your email password on your iPhone or iPad for a variety of reasons. Have you forgotten about it? Your email account may have been hacked, or you believe it has been.
Changing your Gmail password on your iPhone or iPad is a simple process, as it is the most popular free email service. However, this guide will still help you update your password if you have an email account with Yahoo, Outlook, or another provider. You should reset your password immediately, both for safety purposes and so that you can recover access to your messages. Let’s just get started!
How to Change Gmail Password on iPhone iOS 12
Whether your iPhone or iPad is connected to the Apple Mail app or not, resetting your Gmail password is pretty straightforward. To start, consider the following:
- First of all, you need to access the Setting app on your iPhone or iPod.
- Then you are required to scroll down and click on the Passwords.
- Now, you need your passcode or face identity in order to authenticate yourself.
- Now you have to choose Google or Gmail from the list.
- If you’ve lost your Gmail password and don’t want to reset it, you’ll be able to retrieve it from this point onwards.
- To add Gmail or Google, hit the Add button in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Enter the website address, your username, and your password in the appropriate fields. Forgotten passwords will not be solved by this method, therefore you may need to go directly to the site to change your password to something that you can remember.
- Now you should click the Done button.
- The site name appears under Website if you’d like to change your password. You need to click on it.
- Once on the Google account screen, enter your Gmail password or use Face ID if you have it enabled.
- Go to the Google Account page and click on Personal Information.
- Passwords may be accessed by tapping it.
- Submit your password when it asked for the second time to confirm
- Then, press Change Password to confirm your new password.
That’s all there is to it. After changing your Gmail password on your iPhone or iPad, you’re now ready to use Gmail on your computer. Gmail will need you to re-login with your new Gmail password on any device (phone, laptop, or desktop) and any applications you’ve set up with your Gmail address.
How to change your Outlook password on your iPhone
If you want to figure out how to change the Outlook passwords on your iPhone, you’ll need a few things, such as your iPhone’s passcode.
- Your iOS device’s Settings app may be accessed by going to the Settings menu.
- You will find the “Password” option when you scroll down. Just click on the Password button.
- When prompted, enter the security passcode or use the touch or face ID to authenticate your account.
- You’ll now see a list of newly-added emails in this window. the email you wish to edit, click it.
- You may change your password in this area.
- After updating the password, click on Done to complete the process.
How can I change my iPhone or iPad’s password?
Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch requires you to enter your new password twice when you update it in the “My Account” control panel.
You should first go to the settings screen by clicking on the gear icon
- From the main screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, select:
- Navigate to the Setting option.
- Then go to Mail > Accounts and Password
- Next tap on the email address (email@example.com)
First, you are required to update the password for the “Incoming Mail Server”.
You can find the password box under “Incoming Mail Server” in the section. Enter your new password after erasing the current value in the Password area.
In order to update the password for “Outgoing Mail Server” follow the instructions below:
- Scroll down the screen to the “Outgoing Mail Server” area and touch SMTP, then press the name of the “primary server” (which is most likely labeled “mail.example.net”).
- Locate the password area in the “Outgoing Mail Server” column. Delete the present value, then put in your new password with care and attention.
- To save the new password, you need to click Done at the bottom of the screen. This will take you back to the previous screen if there was one.
- In the upper left-hand corner, select Account. Afterward, you’ll be sent back to the “Account” screen, where you may click “Save All Changes”.
How can I reset the password for my email account on Apple’s iOS 11?
If you have an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11, you may use this technique to restore your device.
- Then, you should scroll down and click on Accounts & Passwords at the bottom of the page.
- You may update your Exchange or another email account by tapping the account’s name.
- Touch the email address just beside Account to open it in a separate window.
- Modify the account settings if necessary, and then click Done to close the window.
How to reset or change email passwords on iPhone 6?
- Go to the “Settings” icon and click on it to open the settings menu.
- Now, you will find “Email, Contacts, Calendar” in the drop-down menu, Tap on it.
- If you wish to change the password for an email account, choose it.
- Click on the email account you’d want to use.
- Using this page, it’s possible to change your email password.
- This is where you’ll enter your new password.
When passwords have been successfully changed using the above methods, your email should now function properly. Try sending and receiving a basic message to test the system’s capabilities.