There are really too many causes to desire a translucent backdrop in your photograph. When working with layers, transparent backgrounds speed up the process go more smoothly and the final outcome looks more professional. And any good marketer will indeed utilize layers. This article will explain how to make transparent backgrond in Canva.
You’ll need transparent backgrounds even if you’re not a skilled graphic designer. Add a logo or a watermark to your photographs, whether you’re printing T-shirts. Furthermore, you could need to create print materials for your company or visuals for social media. You’ll want a transparent background.
The Process to Make Transparent Background
You’re undoubtedly acquainted with Canva if you deal with pictures on a daily basis. It is currently one of the most famous graphic design programs.
Canva provides really simple methods for making image backgrounds transparent. Canva Pro, which costs roughly $12.99 per month, is the only way to get this functionality. Canva for Business, which costs roughly $30 per person, is another option. Canva Pro, on the other hand, is available for a one-time 30-day free trial.
If you have a Canva Pro account, go ahead and use it. There are two situations in which you may have to turn an image’s backdrop translucent. Either you’re creating stuff and want the background to be translucent. Alternatively, you might be overlaying a picture on top of your artwork. For seamless merging, make the background of the picture being overlaid transparent. Canva allows you to do both.
Creating a Transparent Background Image
Begin designing your artwork, as usual, to create a picture with a translucent background. Visit canva.com and hit the top-right corner ‘Create a Design’ button. Then choose any dimension from the provided themes or create your own. Transparent backgrounds are compatible with all sorts of posts.
It’s important to keep in mind something when you’re creating your project. Don’t use any components or photographs as the image’s backdrop. Apart from the backdrop, all other aspects of your design will be seen in the final image. It’s preferable to keep the backdrop white because it will be transparent in the end.
After you’ve finished your design, go to the top-right corner and select the ‘Download’ option.
A pull-down selection for downloading will display. Select ‘PNG’ from the ‘File Type’ drop-down menu. When creating photos with transparent backgrounds, PNG is the file type to use. Tick the box next to ‘Transparent Background’ and then press the Download button.
The picture will have a translucent background when downloaded. You can now easily overlay it over any other picture or print it on T-shirts, banners, and other items.
Creating the Background Transparent During Layering
Let’s move on to the next situation. You’re working on a project and would like to add more photographs to the mix. The only issue? It has a distinct background that will not mix in with your image. Whenever the photo’s background isn’t transparent during overlaying. It’ll just lie there as if it were a strange object. A transparent background is needed to make it feel like a natural component of the project.
With a few taps in Canva, anyone can make the background of the photo transparent.
- To begin, submit a picture to your design, either from your computer or from Canva’s library of stock photographs.
- Go over to ‘Elements’ and tap on ‘See all’ next to Photos to utilize a photo from Canva. Then select the image you’d want to utilize.
- Navigate to ‘Uploads’ to use your own image. It will also display all of the previous images you’ve submitted. Hit ‘Upload media’ to add a new photo. Then, to include the image into the design, simply click it.
- When you’ve finished adding the photo to your design. Then, on the design page, select the picture. The element is going to be chosen. Just above the screen, you’ll see editing options related to the component. From the drop-down menu, select ‘Effects.’
- On the left, the effects panel will open. To turn the background translucent, choose ‘Background Remover.’
- This functionality is likewise only available to Canva Pro users. Without having to upgrade to a Pro membership, free users can utilize it up to 5 times.
The Process to Designing a Free Transparent Background
If you’re using Canva Free and want to make the background of a picture transparent. Your only other choice is to utilize free software that allows the functionality. And, as fortune would have it, things worked out. There are several free alternatives, like remove.bg and lunapic.com, to mention a few. Let’s use remove.bg as an example because it’s entirely automated.
- If you ever wish the background of the picture you created in Canva to be removed. After you’ve completed the picture, save it to your computer. When designing, utilize a solid color such as white color as the background.
- Now, on your computer, visit remove.bg and hit the ‘Upload Image’ link.
- The procedure will begin quickly as soon as you attach the image. In a few seconds, the backdrop will be gone. You may also view the photo after it has been modified and compare it to the original.
- Select the ‘Download’ box after your full satisfaction, which you’ll most certainly be.
- You have the option of downloading the picture in either preview or HD resolution. The Preview picture will be less than 0.25 MB in size. The HD picture, on the other hand, might be as huge as 25 MB. You can save the picture to your computer as needed.
- After you’ve downloaded the picture. You can layer it over your image in Canva or implement it directly on your prints.
You could have assumed that turning an image’s backdrop transparent was a difficult process. Actually, It’s a piece of cake using Canva. In only a few clicks, you may make the backgrounds transparent. So, it’s not a difficult task, and you do not need any professional skills. Just need an internet connection on your computer is needed. However, even if you don’t have Canva Pro, you may use the tools in Canva.