The public has been given access to iOS 10, the latest version of the iPhone operating system software. Now, you can treat your iPad to animations, stickers, and applications in Messages, as well as the option to remove apps you don’t use and the new Home app for smart home management. Notifications have been improved to make them more engaging, allowing you to do more from the lock screen. We go over everything you need to know about how I can update my iPhone 4s to ios 10 in this post.
This article will also explain what to do if you run into issues like not having enough space or being unable to connect to Wi-Fi. It’s a good idea to conduct some maintenance on your phone first, such as backing it up and freeing some space. This ensures that you have adequate capacity for the new update. We’ll go over what you should do first, but if you want then you can skip forward to the upgrade procedure directly.
How do I prepare my iPhone for iOS 10
We recommend that you perform the following before updating to iOS 10:
- Backing up your iPhone is easy with iCloud, or the Finder on a Mac, or iTunes on a PC. It is very necessary to make a back up of your older data before any updation. People have lost information like older Text messages and videos in the past when updating, therefore we can’t stress how crucial this step is!
- Clear some storage on your apple device. For the upgrade, you’ll need a significant quantity of space. If your phone is running out of capacity, remove certain apps to free up some space. Because you already own them, you may reinstall them later. If you don’t have enough space, iOS will suggest deleting certain files for you temporarily.
- Ensure that you’re downloading via Wi-Fi rather than 3G or 4G, or you’ll run out of data. Also, make sure it’s a secure network.
How to update iPhone 4 to iOS10
Here’s how to get the most recent version of iOS on your iPhone:
- To update your software, you should go to Settings, then General > Software Update. If there isn’t a new version available, iOS will display the message ‘Your software is up to date. There may be a slight delay until the program is accessible.
- When you find a latest version then you can select Download and Install.
- When asked, enter your password and, if necessary, agree to the terms and conditions.
- The update will be downloaded in the background on your device. You’ll see a rough estimate of how long it’ll take – in our opinion, this is well off the target! Increase it by a factor of two or three! While the download is taking place, you can at least do something else. You’ll get a notice on your iPhone when the download is complete.
- Then On the Notification window, you can click on Details. By doing so you will be directed to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Install Now should be selected.
- You may also choose Later if you want. If you leave your smartphone plugged in, iOS will offer to update it over the night.
Download iOS without having Wi-Fi
Are you eager to get your hands on iOS 10 but don’t have access to the Wi-Fi right now? Or maybe you do, but the Wi-Fi in the hotel/restaurant isn’t up to par, and you’re not sure you can believe it. If you’re thinking about whether you can upgrade iOS 10 using cellular data or mobile data, the answer is yes.
Follow these procedures to download iOS 10 over mobile data (or cellular data):
- From your iPhone, you must first establish a Wi-Fi hotspot. This way, you may utilize your iPhone’s data connection to access the internet on your computer.
- Now launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to it.
- In iTunes, choose the symbol that symbolizes your iPhone.
- Next, you will have to use option Check for Updates from the drop-down menu.
- Examine your alternatives for downloading and installing iOS 10.
- Making use of the network connection from your iPhone, your Mac will download iOS 10. After that, you’ll be going to upgrade to iOS 10 on your iPhone via iTunes.
- Apple’s iOS can be downloaded via iTunes or Finder if your Mac is connected to the internet by Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or another method.
Will I lose my Data if I update my iPhone?
Those of you who are running low on storage space may worry about losing data if you install the new iPhone update. People are understandably worried about this since it has occurred before. Once the iOS 10 update has been installed, your data should be preserved, and if it isn’t, well you’ve got a backup, don’t you? So, before upgrading your phone, you must make a backup.
How can I upgrade from iOS 9.3 5 to iOS 10 on my iPhone 4s?
- From your Home screen, go to Settings.
- First of all you need to navigate to General tab then move to Software Update from the drop-down menu.
- When you are asked then enter your password.
- You have to accept the Terms & conditions by tapping it.
- To confirm that you want to download and install, agree once more.
Is the iPhone 4 still usable in 2021?
Without a doubt. There’s no reason why you can’t use an iPhone 4. The phone would continue to function, be able to connect to the internet, and make calls. No one will be using the iPhone 4 in 2021 unless it’s jailbroken.
If I don’t have a computer, how can I update my iPhone 4?
Login and download the package from the Apple Developer website. You may back up your data with iTunes and then install iOS 10 on any device that supports it. You may also obtain the update OTA by heading to Settings > General > Software Update and downloading a Configuration Profile straight to your iOS device.