iOS 8 includes modest design improvements, enhanced usefulness, optimized features, and improved performance. There’s also a Wallet app with a shop, an upgraded Notes app, an official News app, transport routes in Maps, rewards programs, and a battery backup that’s been improved. iOS devices will learn user behaviors and respond responsibly based on motivation and expertise, according to Apple. If you’re wondering how to update your iPhone 4 to iOS 8 without iTunes, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll teach you how to update your iPhone safely and simply.
For those of you with an iPhone 4, iPad 2, or iPod Touch 5th generation, you may update to iOS 8. Apple has provided a complete list of supported devices.
iOS devices may be updated wirelessly via the device’s settings or by connecting them to a computer and using iTunes to do the update. Downloading and installing iOS 8 may be done in one of two ways. Settings on your iOS device allow you to update it wirelessly. Apple’s servers may be overloaded as millions of Apple fans attempt to download iOS 8. Be calm and utilize the time to organize your devices for iOS 8, such as backing up your devices and making adequate space to receive the upgrade.
But First, we’ll go over everything you should know before upgrading your iPhone 4/4S to iOS 8.
Things to know before updating iPhone 4/4S to iOS 8
Let’s have a look at some suggestions and items to organize before upgrading the iPhone before we begin.
Complete Backup before updating your iPhone 4
If you wish to upgrade your iPhone 4s to iOS 8, make sure you’ve created a complete backup of your iPhone beforehand.
If you haven’t already, you’ll need the suggested tool, dr.fone – iOS Data Backup & Restore, to make a full backup of your iPhone in only a few clicks. With its Privacy Protection Policy, dr.fone is a recognized and 100 percent secure to use program that ensures your data is completely safe and protected.
Verify Your Phone’s Compatibility
Compatibility is another important consideration when dealing with the issue of updating the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S to iOS 8. Currently, iOS 8 is only available for the iPhone 4s and devices that followed it. Also, you may upgrade it to work with the latest versions of iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, and iPad mini 3.
This means that if you own an Apple device, you’ll be using the iOS operating system. If your device’s storage is incompatible with iOS 8, you should stop immediately and avoid updating. As a precaution, you should also update your iOS device to the latest iOS version.
Adequate Storage For Updates
This information is sent to you when you download and install the updated version on your device. Installing the updated version of the operating system may need a huge amount of space. 1.3 GB of storage capacity on your iPhone is necessary to run iOS 8. You may free up some space on your iPhone by removing or moving your media files. After the upgrade, you can recover the data.
Upgrade Your Apps Before Updating to iOS 8
As a precaution, update all of your applications and games before updating to iOS 8; otherwise, you may not be able to open or remove them or update them, after the change. Additionally, it might cause programs to malfunction and freeze. As a result, it’s best to know how to upgrade iPhone 4/4s to iOS 8 before you begin.
As long as you keep in consideration the above-mentioned recommendations, updating your iPhone 4s to iOS 8 will be a delight.
Methods To Update iPhone 4 to iOS 8 Without iTunes
Using Over The Air (OTA) Update
Over The Air update is the wireless distribution of updated software or materials to mobile phones and tablets. To upgrade the operating system, you need to use Over-the-Air updates. Unlike USB or other means of communication, you get your updates via wireless carriers, as the name implies.
Mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets employ over-the-air tech for security patches, new features, and more. Read the instructions if you want to upgrade your device over the air (OTA).
- Go directly to the ‘Settings’ section of your iOS device to get started with this.
- You’ll then need to scroll down to the ‘General’ area in your settings menu.
- Let’s finish by selecting Software Update and the device will automatically look for any available firmware updates on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hit on the Download and Install icon for iOS 8 to begin the installation process.
- After pressing the Download and Install option, you’ll have to accept Apple’s terms and conditions and then wait for the file to download gradually on your iPhone.
- You’ll be prompted with an Install Now button once you’ve completely downloaded the file. You may move to set up iOS 8 after the upgrade has been installed and your device has restarted.
Updating Through iTunes
The first thing that springs to mind when wondering about how to properly upgrade iPhone 4/4s to iOS 8, is iTunes. The standard iOS data management software is meant to be straightforward to move between parts. To upgrade your iPhone 4s to iOS 8, simply follow these procedures.
- Ensure that both your computer and your iPhone are running the most recent version of iTunes.
- Now, using the lightning cord that came with your iOS device, connect it to your computer.
- Next, open iTunes on your pc, and it will immediately recognize your iPhone. Pick your iPhone now. And then scroll down to the “Summary” part.
- When you select ‘Check for Updates’, iTunes will search for the most recent software update for your apple device.
- Finally, if the updated firmware for your iOS device is ready, it will display a pop-up on your display. To begin the update process, click the “Download and Update” option.
You won’t have to worry about updating your iPhone4/4S anymore after reading this post. We have mentioned both the method of updating iPhone 4 to iOS 8 without iTunes or with iTunes.